The last effort of the year!!!! Let's try hard!!!!
Fridays 19th and 26th: Oral exams
Tuesday 23rd:Reading and Listening comprehension/ Oral exams
Wednesday 24th: Literature (5º B) / History (5º A)
Thursday 25th: Use of English and Writing
Friday 26th: History (5º B) / Literature (5º A)
- Present Perfect Simple(just/already/yet/for/since)
- Irregular verbs (Past and Past Participle forms)
- S. Present / Present Continuous
- S. Past / Past Continuous
- First Conditional sentences
- Present Simple passive
- Past simple passive
- Verbs + ing & verbs to inf.
- Will & Going to
- Defining relative clauses
- Vocabulary: British/American English / Films / Person’s age
- Everyday English: Get a move on/I see/Nice one/I reckon/to be honest/come on/never mind/mates/wonder
Chapter 3: Ancient Egypt and Nubia
- The Geography of the Nile. Locate in a map: Nile River, Mediterranean Sea, Lower/Upper Egypt. Lower/Upper Nubia. Red Sea. Lower/Upper Egypt: Reasons for the Division. Trade among them (Sea and land: reasons).
- The rulers of Egypt: The three kingdoms. Unification. Timeline. Identification of the three kingdoms. Characteristics in common. Definitions: dynasty, regent, pharaoh. Hatshepsut. Thutmose III. Tutankhamen.
- Egyptian religion: Important gods. Afterlife: beliefs. Mummies: definition. Reasons for mummification. Pyramids: Importance.
- Ancient Egyptian culture: Social classes: Pyramid. Slavery. Peasants. Women. Writing. Mathematics. Medicine.
- The cultures of Nubia: Upper and Lower. Valuable resources. Most powerful cities. Kerma’s wealth. Conflict with Egypt. Napata and Meroë: Achievements. Trade.